Monday, May 21, 2018

Project 5: Idolization of Artists Thinking Skill: Compare/ Contrast

           For my 5th project, I was having trouble thinking of something for this project because I was having trouble with what I could do that would fit with the thinking skill and I remembered that there are many people who are idolizing artists and bringing themselves down because their art style or art isn't "amazing" like their idol.  Inspiration is one thing but Idolization is something that is very, VERY toxic.

Before we get into anything i'd like to say I apologize if I don't explain correctly. Im not good at explaining things at all.

Okay so what exactly is so toxic about idolizing artists?
It can lead you astray and cause you to try to force yourself to fit with this character of your interpretation of your idol. That can end in you forcing yourself down a path you find absolutely no interest, blinded by the life that you think your idol leads!

You could or will end up overlooking all the things you're doing right, but of course, what exactly is right to you? You'll get hung up on the idea of how you think things should be, ignoring everything that's going great, or working great for you!

Instead of "helping" you learn, it can actually keep you from learning. The worst side effect, is that it makes it hard for you to keep an open mind. It's also important to be able to separate helpful criticism from bull poop because it can help change your perspective in ways that allow you to get where you want to be faster.



So in my drawing I drew this marble pillar and at the top is what everyone idolizes and how they see it as something or someone so bright and beautiful and amazing, maybe even godlike and try to reach for it to be just like it. I used many brushes from this diamond brush that you can see everywhere. I used my Light flare brush to add to the effect of how bright and beautiful the item or person is and how it lights up and shines and is above everyone. Sadly I couldn't find the sketches but if I do ill update and explain the process. Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog I didn't see one as patterned as this I also haven't seen any digital art yet. I really like the light it looks beautiful. You used alot of different brushes and experimented with patterns and I think it went very well together.

    ReplyDelete

Project 6

The thinking skill for project 6 is Evaluating and the topic I chose was the butterfly effect. What it is exactly is;   The   butterfly eff...