Monday, April 2, 2018

Project 3

For my project I decided to draw the white rhino who recently passed away and made the topic about Poaching (I'm against it just so you know) and my thinking skill is synthesizing because killing animals can affect our environment and can cause the extinction of many beautiful animals.





The white rhino is the second largest mammal in the world, after the elephant. Rhinos stand as tall as 1.8 meters (6 feet) and weigh over 2000 kilograms (2 tons). There was once over 30 species of rhino but now there is only 5 species and sadly they're all endangered.White rhinoceros are calmer and more sociable than other species of rhino, and they often live in small, territorial groups. 
Females and juveniles are rarely ever alone. Rhinos can actually communicate using various sounds which includes grunts, growls, snorts, squeaks and bellows. They can't swim because of the hump on their back. Aw. Rhinos tend to live 35 to 40 years. Rhinos are actually Herbivores! 







Ok so first I sketched out the rhino and the background and added some of the main details like the bushes behind the rhino and the distant lake and how it reflected light and the tree further from the lake. I also added the "wrinkles" on the rhino . Then I shaded areas where it was dark/ where light wasn't hitting the rhino or its environment.  I Also decided to darken the rhino a bit since it seemed to glow and it looked unnatural especially with the "dark" background and the colors used.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your ides, and think that it was very creative. I think that you coud have added more detainls on the rinos' horn to make it look even more realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Project 6

The thinking skill for project 6 is Evaluating and the topic I chose was the butterfly effect. What it is exactly is;   The   butterfly eff...